The Jurassic Coast Golf Tournament will be played along the Dorset coast on three different golf courses, namely Came Down GC, Lyme Regis GC and Bridport & West Dorset GC on three consecutive days in mid-June every year.
Players will enter as a pair. Entry can only be made online via the website.
The entry fee covers three rounds of golf and refreshments before and after your round. There will be three daily prizes at each course and five overall prizes in the tournament.
The tournament will be a pairs competition run on the Stableford scoring system using full handicap allowances based on your handicap index as of the previous Wednesday midnight.
Day 1 will be a Better-Ball competition, Day 2 Greensomes, Day 3 Foursomes.
The men’s card will be used for scoring purposes when any mixed team is playing Greensomes and Foursomes. The lady member of the team will be afforded adjustment shots as calculated by the World Handicap System.
Men will play from the Yellow tees and Ladies from the Red tees except at Bridport where the tee colours are Orange and Light blue respectively. In the event of a dispute arising from an alleged golf rules infringement, the decision of the committee is final and binding.
- All entrants must be members of golf clubs recognised by and affiliated to their country’s governing body. However, we will accept 2 teams from the Golf Club of Great Britain and 2 teams from Hannah’s Appeal.
- All entrants must be amateur players and have an official WHS handicap index as of midnight on the previous Wednesday.
- No handicap index adjustments will be made during the tournament.
- Any combination of any gender may enter.
- All entrants must be 18 or over on entry.
- The closing date for entries is one calendar month before the start of the tournament eg 2023 event starts on the 12th June 2023, therefore, the closing date is 12th May 2023.. Entries received after that date will be placed on a standby list.
- Withdrawals will only be refunded if notified before the closing date. The entry fee will be refunded minus a small administration fee. However, under certain circumstances, the tournament director has the discretion of offering a team whose withdrawal was received after the closing date either a roll-over (once only) to the following year or a refund less a small administration fee.
- In the event that the limit of 72 pairs is reached before the closing date, any entries after that point will be placed on a standby list. Those on the list will be offered a vacant place in the tournament caused by a withdrawal on a first come – first served basis. Those on the list who fail to gain a place in the tournament will be given a full refund of the entry fee.
- No refunds will be available should any golf be cancelled due to the weather.
All entrants are strongly advised to have their own golfers insurance.